Product Type Clear
Published by Effingham Wilson, London, 1914
Leather. Condition: Very Good Indeed. None (illustrator). A presentation copy of this scarce work examining the history of the London Chamber of Commerce since its establishment. Inscribed 'To F. Faithfull Begg Esq, chairman of the council of the London Chamber of Commerce with the complements of the author, January 27th, 1914'. With four photographic plates and one folding plate featuring a diagram showing the carrying out of the objects of a memorandum. Charles E. Musgrove was Assistant Secretary to the Chamber 1884-1909, Secretary since May 1909, Fellow and Member of the Council, of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries. The London Chamber of Commerce & Industry (LCCI) was established on 25 July 1881 at Mansion House in the City of London with 130 members. The aim of the newly formed body was to influence public opinion, the legislature and to effect reforms that individual companies would not be powerful enough to bring about. From the beginning, the London Chamber's key role was serving the needs and interests of the trading community and helping members resolve their trading problems. The development of a business information service in 1888, only seven years after the origin of chamber, was a major achievement. In the 1880s the London Chamber was instrumental in obtaining better terms for companies from the Government and the Suez Canal Company with the help of Count Ferdinand de Lesseps. This initiative garnered recognition for the newly formed Chamber. In a decorative presentation full morocco binding. Externally smart, some wear to extremities. Internally, firmly bound. Bright and clean aside from some light spotting to the first and last few pages and an ink blot to page vii. Very Good Indeed. signed by author. book.