This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The authors of this book use a rather text-heavy approach to their topic, which means they can communicate a lot of information about why things are as they are, in addition to the usual (and competently presented) how-to material. This style, with relatively few illustrations and procedures in paragraph (rather than numbered-list) form, will appeal to people who are willing to do more than glance at a page for a quick answer. Whether you're learning how to manage files, connecting to the Internet, or automating tasks with scripting, you'll appreciate the authors' detailed approach. More information about some subjects--especially networking with Windows and Linux machines--would make this book better, but MacWorld Mac OS 9 Bible is a great resource already. --David Wall
Topics covered: Mac OS 9 for novices, intermediate-level users, and (in some areas) power users. All user-level details (as opposed to those of interest to programmers or system administrators) receive attention. Basic tasks (using programs and files), intermediate-level tasks (connecting to the Internet, advanced multimedia, and performance tweaking), and advanced features (AppleScript and local area networking) get approximately equal coverage. Sherlock 2, speech recognition, and multiple user accounts are examined particularly closely.
* Master Mac OS fundamentals, from the desktop and Finder to the Internet and e-mail
* Find out about new Mac OS 9 interface changes -- including using the Control Pad and customizing the Finder for multiple users
* Harness Sherlock 2 to make online research -- and shopping -- a snap
* Create personalized desktops for every member of your household, class, or workgroup
* Protect your privacy with encryption, voice recognition, and other beefed-up security features
* Share files and create your own customized network over the Internet
* Use AppleScripts to automate operations and even work on your Mac remotely
* Take your Mac's video, sound, and recording capabilities to the max
* Tackle problems yourself with the new enhanced and updated troubleshooting guide
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: new. Seller Inventory # Hafa_fresh_0764534149
Book Description Condition: new. Seller Inventory # NewButterFly0764534149
Book Description Paperback. Condition: new. new. Seller Inventory # think0764534149
Book Description Condition: new. Seller Inventory # NewCamp0764534149
Book Description Paperback. Condition: new. new. Seller Inventory # Holz_New_0764534149
Book Description Paperback. Condition: new. new. Seller Inventory # GoldenDragon0764534149
Book Description Condition: new. Seller Inventory # newport0764534149
Book Description Paperback. Condition: New. BRAND NEW. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Orders received before 3PM PT typically ship same day. All profits support the non-profit community. Seller Inventory # mon0000134881