Become an iMac power user with this easy-to-follow resource as your guide. How to Do Everything with Your iMac, Fourth Edition
covers the latest iMac models, plus the iBook and eMac, and covers new features of Mac OS X Panther--Finder, Exposť, iChat AV, built-in faxing, and much more. Get in-depth coverage of iLife ’04, including details on GarageBand, the new, easy-to-use application that allows you to create studio-quality music. Set up e-mail and master AppleWorks’ productivity features, view movies with QuickTime, add USB and FireWire peripherals, and burn data, music, or movies onto CDs or DVDs. Macintosh expert, Todd Stauffer, offers tons of invaluable tips and techniques that will help you maximize the capabilities of your iMac, eMac, or iBook.
- Manage your applications, documents, and icons using Finder
- Maximize AppleWorks--create and manipulate spreadsheets, word processing documents, presentations, and databases
- Use Exposť to visually move between open windows and applications
- Learn cool web tricks and build web pages
- Make music with the easy-to-use drag-and-drop capabilities of GarageBand
- Create paintings and drawings, manage photos, buy songs, and sync with your iPod
- Access iDisk, share and transfer files on the Internet, work with disk images, and chat with iChat
- Upgrade your Mac, use wireless Internet points, and create a wireless network
- Encrypt your home folder with FileVault
- Fix minor problems, recover data, and implement a maintenance plan
About the author: Todd Stauffer is the author or co-author of more than 35 computer books, including all previous editions of How to Do Everything with Your iMac.
Todd Stauffer (Jackson, MS) is the best-selling author of all three editions of How to Do Everything with Your iMac, and the originator of the How to Do Everything series. He is the author or co-author of more than 25 books on technology and computing including Get Creative! The Digital Video Idea Book. He’s also worked as a cable television host, writer and producer.